Friday 20 January 2023

PRAYER FOR YOUR SPOUSE...


Dear Precious and Perfect Heavenly Father,

Thank you for blessing me with such an amazing husband/wife who I deeply cherish and desire. Please physically protect him/her as he/she pursues his/her work for the day. Watch over him/her as he/she drives on the road with crazy drivers, and engages in a hurting world of crazy people. When he/she is attacked by the enemy, by the Holy name and blood of Jesus Christ, I pray all oppression is muted and bounded, and that he/she feels the safety and protection of resting in your eternally all-powerful arms.

Help him/her be focused, authentic, engaging, and loving as he/she interacts with the people throughout the day. Help us both submit to the guiding love and light of the Holy Spirit as we relate with each other, family, friends, and strangers.

When he/she feels inadequate, unattractive, insignificant, insecure, unsure, overwhelmed, exhausted, secluded, or unimportant, help him/her be able to identify those as lies from Satan and run to you for defining herself by and resting in his/her identity as a holy son/daughter of the creator of the universe. Help him/her deeply desire you. Nudge him/her to spend time reading the Bible, talking with you, and worshiping you. Help him/her seek strength, mission, and fulfillment in you.

Thank you for the relationships in our lives that affirm us as a couple, and thank you for the friends you have blessed him/her with that affirm him/her and hold him/her accountable. Please provide him/her with more Godly Men/Women to surround him/her, mentor him/her, listen to him/her, appreciate him/her, she can lead and will love on him/her. Thank you for his/her desire to serve you, our church, and your people.

Please keep our minds pure in our desire and attraction for each other. Help us spiritually, physically, romantically, and emotionally pursue and pour into each other with our thoughts, words, and touch.

Please continue molding me into the Man/Woman He/she deserves and that humbly pursues the noble responsibility of modeling Christ’s submission and servanthood to the church. Empower me with wisdom to lead him/her and our household as I submit to You.

Help me joyfully serve Him/Her in all I do. Help me remember to thank and affirm Him/her as He/She serves and blesses me in so many ways, from genuinely caring about my day, to housework, to how He/She pursues you, to how He/She serves others in His/Her life.

As I get fearful about His/Her mortality, help me remember that you have merely loaned Him/Her to me for the entirety of our life. Thank you for allowing me the privilege of loving Him/Her and learning about you through our relationship with you and each other.

Thank you, God, for who you are, who my Husband/Wife is, who you are creating Him/Her to be, and the blessing of our marriage.

I pray these things in the name of Jesus Christ whom you sacrificed on the cross so we may be in direct relationship and communion with you for all eternity.


Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Demons Who Took Everything Away from Me.

My so-called friends used to say Terry you have a complete family. A good life, and a good job, I used to say God has blessed me, and by say...